Suspension procedure of VAT invoice registration becomes fully operational
Starting from 1 July 2017, the registration of a VAT invoice in the Unified Registry of Tax Invoices is set to be suspended if the VAT invoice matches the following criteria*:
1. The amount of supply of goods/services, stated in such VAT invoice, exceeds more than 1.5 times the expected remaining stock of such goods/services (calculated as the difference between the volumes of purchases and supplies of such goods/services starting from 1 January 2017) and:
2. A license for transactions with excisable goods stated in the VAT invoice is missing.
- more than 75% of such stock are comprised of goods deemed to be risky by the State Fiscal Services of Ukraine;
- goods/services indicated on the VAT invoice are not supplied by the taxpayer on a regular basis;
- the amount of VAT stated in VAT invoices registered by the taxpayer in the reporting period (including the VAT invoice in question) exceeds the average monthly amount of taxes (excluding import VAT), duties and unified social contribution (“USC”) paid by the taxpayer during last 12 months.
Registration of VAT invoices should proceed unimpeded if:
We will continue monitoring the developments and keep you updated on the issue.
- such VAT invoices are not to be provided to the customers and/or issued for VAT exempt supplies;
- monthly volume of supplies is less than UAH 500 ths. and the Chief Executive Officer of such taxpayer holds similar position in fewer than 3 operational tax paying entities;
- the amount of taxes (excluding import VAT), duties, and USC paid in 2016 by the taxpayer exceeded UAH 5 mln. (this criterion will remain in effect until 2018);
- certain criteria related to the tax burden and VAT amount for the reporting period are met.
* Risk assessment criteria adopted by the Order of the Ministry of Finance N 567 dated 13 June 2017.
Camiel van der Meij, Partner & TLS Leader, firstname.lastname@example.org
Viktoria Tymoshenko, Senior Manager, Tax and Legal Services, email@example.com
Inna Andrushchenko, Manager, Tax and Legal Services, firstname.lastname@example.org
75 Zhylyanska Street | Kyiv | Tel: +380 44 354 0404 | Fax: +380 44 354 0790 | email@example.com | www.pwc.com/ua
This flash report is produced by PricewaterhouseCoopers’ tax and legal services department. The material contained in this alert is provided for general information purposes only and does not contain a comprehensive analysis of each item described. Before taking (or not taking) any action, readers should seek professional advice specific to their situation. No liability is accepted for acts or omissions taken in reliance upon the contents of this alert.
© 2017 Limited liability company «PricewaterhouseCoopers». All rights reserved. PwC refers to the Ukrainian member firm, and may sometimes refer to the PwC network. Each member firm is a separate legal entity. Please see www.pwc.com/structure for further details.
We will be sending additional Flash reports as issues arise. If you do not wish to receive these Reports, please advise by return e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org). Alternatively, if there is someone else in your company to whom we should send our Alerts, please let us know.
We are pleased to inform that this Flash report is also available in Ukrainian and can be sent to you upon request.
Ми раді повідомити, що цей Flash report також доступний українською мовою і може бути наданий Вам за запитом.