USUBC ANNUAL MEETING ELECTS OFFICERS & EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE FOR 2011
Morgan Williams, SigmaBleyzer, re-elected President/CEO;
Samir Sahgal (Boeing) re-elected Secretary/Treasurer
ISTIL Group/Kyiv Post announced as 150th member of USUBC;
Thank you letter to Michael Bleyzer
U.S.-Ukraine Business Council (USUBC)
Washington, D.C., Friday, December 10, 2010
WASHINGTON, D.C. - The U.S.-Ukraine Business Council (USUBC) corporate officers and members of the executive committee for 2011 were elected at the USUBC annual business meeting held yesterday in Washington, D.C. Twelve persons were elected to the USUBC executive committee.
Morgan Williams, Director, Government Affairs, Washington Office, SigmaBleyzer Private Equity Investment Group, was re-elected President of USUBC. Samir Sahgal, Director, International Operations, Washington, D.C. Operations, The Boeing Company, was re-elected USUBC Secretary and Treasurer. Morgan Williams (SigmaBleyzer) was re-elected Chair of the USUBC Executive Committee.
Elected to the USUBC Executive Committee for 2011 were:
(1) Margarita Karpenko, Managing Partner, DLA Piper Ukraine LLC, Kyiv, Ukraine
(2) Michael E. Kirst, Regional Vice President, Central/Eastern Europe and Russia, Westinghouse Electric Company, Brussels, Belgium
(3) Christopher J. Lombardi, Director, International Business Development, Europe, Israel, Sub-Sahara, Raytheon International, Inc., Arlington, VA
(4) Dr. Irina Paliashvili, President and Senior Counsel, RULG-Ukrainian Legal Group, P.A., Washington, D.C./Kyiv, Ukraine
(5) Andrew A. Pidgirsky, Chairman, Board of Governors, Ukrainian American Bar Association (UABA), Houston, TX
(6) Joseph E. Samora, Jr., Senior Vice President, Case New Holland Inc., A Fiat Group Company, Washington, D.C.
(7) Diana Sedney, Manager, International Government Relations, Policy, Government and Public Affairs, Chevron Government Affairs,
Chevron, Washington, D.C.
(8) John F. Steele, Director, International Government Affairs, Eli Lilly and Company, Washington, D.C.
(9) Vanessa Stiffler-Claus, Director, International Affairs, John Deere Public Affairs Worldwide, John Deere, Washington, D.C.
(10) Patrick H. Sweet, President, Sweet Analysis Services, Inc. (SASI), Alexandria, VA
(11) Morgan Williams, Director, Government Affairs, Washington Office, SigmaBleyzer Private Equity Investment Group, Washington, D.C.
USUBC Chair of the Executive Committee; President
(12) Van A. Yeutter, Vice President, Corporate Affairs, Cargill, Washington, D.C.
The USUBC Secretary/Treasurer also serves as a member of the thirteen person executive committee:
(13) Samir B. Sahgal, Director, International Operations, Washington, D.C. Operations, The Boeing Company, Arlington, VA
USUBC Secretary Treasurer
150TH USUBC MEMBER ANNOUNCED
The ISTIL Group/Kyiv Post was announced at the annual meeting as the 150th member of the U.S.-Ukraine Business Council (USUBC). This is a new membership record for USUBC, who only had eight members in January of 2005 and 22 members in January of 2007. Microsoft was announced as the 100th member of USUBC in December of 2008.
MICHAEL BLEYZER - PRESIDENT/CEO SIGMABLEYZER
The USUBC executive committee reported that a letter had been sent to Michael Bleyzer, President/CEO, SigmaBleyzer Private Equity Investment Group, thanking him for his strong support of USUBC over the past four years.
The letter said in part, "We are pleased to report that the U.S.-Ukraine Business Council (USUBC) ends this year with a membership total of 150! Your personal vision to advance the commercial and economic interests of Ukraine and our members has resulted in significant achievements including recognition that USUBC is now 'a strong international voice for business in Ukraine.'
"The Executive Committee, on behalf of our U.S.-Ukraine Business Council (USUBC) membership, sincerely extends our appreciation for all you have so generously provided to the growth and success. The common denominator for the successful growth has been your consistent and generous support, guidance and commitment."